Confessin’ The Blues 2LP (Volume 2)
The Rolling Stones
Delivery from US $9.62
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 09 November 2018
- Sorry Sold Out
- Product code
- Double Vinyl LP
- Universal Music / BMG
BMG & UNIVERSAL PRESENT CONFESSIN’ THE BLUES.
ORIGINAL BLUES MASTERPIECES HAND-PICKED AND CURATED IN COLLABORATION WITH THE ROLLING STONES.
DONATION TO WILLIE DIXON’S BLUES HEAVEN FOUNDATION
COVER ARTWORK BY RONNIE WOOD
`If you don't know the blues... there's no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music’ - Keith Richards
As well as being the biggest band in the world, The Rolling Stones are also the biggest champions of the blues, so who better to curate a compilation in collaboration with BMG and Universal, of the music that inspired them throughout their career?
Confessin’ The Blues collects together the greatest bluesmen ever and provides a perfect education to the genre. The tracklisting on the various formats have been chosen by The Rolling Stones in collaboration with BMG and Universal and will be released on BMG on 9 November.
The Rolling Stones have long been supporters of the Blues from before the start of their career right through to their latest album, Blue & Lonesome which featured their interpretations of the classics, many of which appear in their original versions here on Confessin’ The Blues. Mick Jagger was an early fan of the Blues: “The first Muddy Waters album that was really popular was Muddy Waters at Newport, which was the first album I ever bought”. As such big supporters of the genre, the band and BMG/Universal have decided that 10% of BMG’s net receipts* from the sale of this album will be donated to Willie Dixon’s Blues Heaven Foundation (Registered as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organisation in the United States).
Confessin’ The Blues includes tracks by the biggest Blues pioneers including Howlin’ Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Elmore James, Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry, Big Bill Broonzy and Robert Johnson. All of these artists had an impact on the nascent Rolling Stones, be they influencing Keith’s guitar licks or Mick’s vocals and lyrics. As Ronnie Wood says: “That’s how Mick and Keith first got close as well, on the train coming back from college. They noticed each other’s record collection and it was, “Hey, you’ve got Muddy Waters. You must be a good guy, let’s form a band”.
This 2LP version includes liner notes by music journalist Colin Larkin. The album cover artwork comes courtesy of Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood who has added his own personal twist to the project by painting his interpretation of a Bluesman. Confessin’ The Blues is a real musical education from those who know the genre best, the greatest living band on the planet, The Rolling Stones.
- Muddy Waters - I Just Want To Make Love To You
- Jimmy Reed - Little Rain
- Little Walter - I Got To Go
- Bo Diddley - Mona
- B.B. King - Rock Me Baby
- Chuck Berry - Carol
- Boy Blue - Boogie Children
- Billy Boy Arnold - Don’t Stay Out All Night
- Little Johnny Taylor - Everybody Knows About My Good Thing (Part 1)
- Otis Rush - I Can’t Quit You Baby
- Muddy Waters - I Want To Be Loved
- Big Bill Broonzy - Key To The Highway
- Robert Johnson - Stop Breakin’ Down Blues
- Reverend Robert Wilkins - The Prodigal Son
- Howlin’ Wolf - Commit A Crime
- Elmore James & The Broom Dusters - Blues Before Sunrise
- Howlin’ Wolf - Little Baby
- Dale Hawkins - Susie Q
- Eddie Taylor - Bad Boy
- Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I’ve Got The Blues
- Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy
10% of BMG’s Net Receipts* from the sale of this album with a minimum of £1.25 UK pounds sterling will be donated to Willie Dixon’s Blues Heaven Foundation (registered as a 501(c) (3) non-profit organisation in the United States).
*The charitable donation is calculated on Net Receipts being amounts equal to monies actually received by BMG from the sale of this album after deductions of credits for returns and VAT (or similar sales tax).